Home July 2016 Newberg school to consolidate operations onto one campus

Newberg school to consolidate operations onto one campus

SHARE

 

NEWBERG — Consolidating operations a year ahead of its original schedule, C.S. Lewis Academy here will have all of its approximately 150 K-12 students in one location this fall.
As reported by the Newberg Graphic, the private Christian school will move elementary students to its north campus at 1605 N. College St. Middle and high school programs have been housed there since 2013, when C.S. Lewis absorbed the former Open Bible Christian School.
As a result, the long occupieed south campus at 609 Wynooski St. has closed. To accommodate the increased student population, the elementary and middle school classes will be combined in the main building on the north campus, Davis Hall, and the high school program will be moved into classrooms located in the adjacent gymnasium building.
When the merger took place three years ago, C.S. Lewis Academy signed a seven-year rolling lease with the Open Bible Church denomination that owns the property; the school buildings also are home to an Open Bible congregation, Lifepoint Church, as well as a preschool program run by Open Bible.
Steve Wallo, diector of development, said the decision to move consolidation up a year came after elementary principal Roy McCon-aughey announced he would retire this spring.
Wallo added that the consolidation plans were favorably received during a parents meeting in May. The school’s governing board on May 31 authorized the plans to proceed.
School principal is Michael Wenger. For more information, phone 503-538-0114 or go to cslewisacademy.com.